JUNE 2, 2011 - OUR HAWAII ADVENTURE

As of today we have been on island of Oahu for a little over two months.  I know that before I came here I had my concerns that I would not like it here but after being here all I can say is that I love it.  What's not to love.  The people, the culture, and life here in general is awesome.  It is also a very beautiful place.  The kids are now out of school and the few months they had here in their new school were adventurous.  Isabel has already been on three school field trips, one to Waimea Valley and the Polynesian Cultural Center and another to learn about recycling for earth day.  Rowan has been finishing up his 1st grade year and unfortunately for him he did not have any field trips but the school did have a May Day day which is a Hawaiian holiday here.  The kids put on a great show and they really had a lot of fun.  Isabel was student of the month for May and we couldn't be more proud of her. We are just enjoying what the island has to offer and here some pics of our time here so far. 

Our first day in Hawaii!!

Turtle Beach





Chinaman Hat


BYU Campus

Hawaii Temple

the Road that leads up to the temple

BYU Campus

Shark's Cove at sunset


Shark's cove


Humpback whale's tale




Shark's cove


Ko Olina


We decided to take the post bus tour of the island and this is Rowan waiting to leave on the bus.


Nu' uanu Pali Lookout on a cloudy day!


It is very windy up here!

Rabbit Island


Macadamia Plantation


On this day we found out why they called this beach Turtle Beach.  It was so cool to see them in their natural environment.








Nu' uanu Pali Lookout on a clear day.
 







ISABEL'S SCHOOL FIELD TRIP TO THE POLYNESIAN CULTURAL CENTER


We're waiting to get on one of these canoe rides!




Easter Island head

Waiting to go to the island of Samoa



I really enjoyed the island of Samoa. He was very funny and the kids really seemed to enjoy him.



Island of Tonga - this island was one of my favorites.


New Zealand village


MAY DAY

Rowan taking his chair for May Day

Isabel waiting with her class to walk down to the field for May Day



Black Beard's ship in Pirates of the Caribbean


ISABEL'S LAST DAY OF SCHOOL




0 comments: