MAY 2012

Well this month has been particularly busy volunteering at the kids school for various things. I can't believe another school year came and went.  It goes by so fast.  Unfortunately for them they only have two months of summer because school starts back up July 30th.   But the kids have had a great year.  Rowan will move on to 3rd grade and fortunately for him his teacher is moving with her class, which is unheard of, but I am very excited for this.  She has been a tremendous help this year and I know that because of her Rowan has made a lot of progress in school.  I know that next year having her as his teacher again will make it a lot easier on him because she already knows what he needs.  Isabel has also done very well at school.  She is ready to a be a 1st grader.  She loves school and her teachers love her.  She likes to help the other kids with their work.  In fact her teacher has had her help the other kids with their sight words.  I know that she will do well next year.  She still loves to draw and color and she can do it for hours.  She is also reading a lot.  I am so proud of their accomplishments this year and look forward to the next school year. 





Here's a video of all of 2nd grade singing.

Rowan standing next to his recycling project.  He made a birdhouse feeder out of a 2litter plastic bottle.

HALE KULA'S WATER PLAY DAY

Unfortunately I was only able to volunteer in the morning so I go to be there when kinder went so no pics of Rowan.  It was basically an obstacle course with different water activities for the kids.  The kids really seem to have a lot of fun.
Isabel with her classmates.


Isabel is picking up marbles with her feet.




KINDERGARTEN'S PATRIOTIC CONCERT


KINDER SINGING THE ARMY SONG

Isabel after the concert.


KINDERGARTEN WATER PLAY DAY

Now they went all out for kinder. They had a water slide, slip-n-slide, pools, and a dry slide plus the kids had popcorn, cotton candy, and shaved ice.  I saw Rowan during his recess time which happens to where this was all set up and he was not happy.  I actually agree that it was a little unfair to have all of this for kinder and not the whole school especially since the water play day they had for the whole wasn't as cool.  But I tried to tell Rowan that Isabel won't get this next year. 







Isabel didn't quite get you run and slide on this.


Finally she gets it but I don't think there was enough water on it to make it slippery enough because a lot of kids were having a tough time sliding on it.  At the end of the slide was a pool of brown water (nasty) with bubbles (they used dish soap).


Rowan and Ms. Stachel

MEMORIAL DAY
Today the whole family went to help the boy scouts put American flags on the graves at the Schofield cemetery.  I actually hadn't plan on going but I was glad I went.  I think it is important that we pay respect to those that have served their country and what a great opportunity to share it with Rowan and Isabel. May we always remember those who have this great country not only on this day but everyday.  I know I am forever grateful for their sacrifice.  I am also grateful for those who continually put their lives in harms way so that we may continue to enjoy the freedoms we have. 








MISC
Here's a video of Rowan singing a song from the Desperado Soundtrack.

This month also brought new life as my sister welcome her son, Teancum.  I wish I could have been there as I was there for Imogen's birth but at least I get see pics of him and of his big sister.  I'm sure they will make great friends.  I am also excited that I will have another new nephew or niece come this December.  The kids are all excited about their new little cousins.  My nephew Zedek will be turning 1 already and I can't believe how quickly the year went by.  They truly grow-up so fast and it's amazes me how quickly you can let things just pass us by.  I'm glad that I had a few months to see Imogen grow and in this past year she really has grown a lot. I look forward to watching her grow and look forward to meeting my nephews in the near future. I hope they know how much their aunt, uncle and cousins love them.

Teancum

Imogen meeting her new little brother

So sweet!

I just want to squeeze those cheeks.


He's going to be a heart breaker.
Sometimes I just can't believe how much she has grown.


Zedek - what can I say about you but you are the man of many expressions. 

I love this little guys smile.

He looks like he is in time out or something.  Have I been bad mom.

0 comments: