MARCH MADNESS - 2010
Well this month has been a crazy one. The biggest thing that happened was me getting sick. I went to a friend's son's birthday party and ended of leaving to go to the ER. I wasn't feeling well before we got there but after eating I started to feel worse. Went to the ER and found out that my gallbadder was bad and that I had gallstones which had caused a blockage in the pancreas and caused me to have pancreatitis. So they admitted me on a Saturday and on Tuesday I had my gallbladder removed. Before surgery I wasn't allowed to eat, so I didn't eat/drink for 4 days. After surgery I started to eat I felt better but I was pretty medicated, and unfortunately my bloodwork wasn't coming back normal because of the pancreas. Apparently my gallbladder was so infected that it had puss and caused me to have a blood infection, and the gallstones and the infection had caused my pancreas to become inflamed. So after maybe 5 days of eating and blood work not getting any better they decided to starve me for 5 days. They put in a picu line which is like an iv except it goes through a major artery into the chest near the heart, so that I could be fed through my iv. Let me tell you by this point I had reached my limit, I was so tired of being in the hospital, a person can only take so much. Chris took basically three weeks off, two of which I was in the hospital. After the 5 days of not eating or drinking I was finally able to eat and I stayed in the hospital for three more days. Total days in the hospital 16. I am feeling much better, I apparently have sustained permanent damage to my pancreas and although I have no idea what that may mean in the future I am at least getting better. If I had been in my 40, 50s my survival rate would of been 40 to 50%. My doctor tells me that I was really really sick. So that was my March, full of crazyness. I am just grateful that Chris was home and was able to be with the kids and me. Grateful for my family and friends and the sisters in our ward, it is truly a blessing to have such great people in my life. During this time, Chris also found out that his medical waiver had been approved. So now we wait for a school date, hopefully it will be soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment