December 19, 2009 - ENCHANTED ROCK

Well today we went to Enchanted Rock for the day with the kids. Chris and I haven't been to Enchanted Rock since we were married. So I hadn't gone up that Rock in 10 years. Of course going back there does bring back memories of when I was a single adult. We went up there a few times as a single adult group and I remember having such a blast, especially when we went through the caves. But this time we went as a family. Chris at first really wanted to go camping but I convinced him that this was not the time to go, so he settled on the day trip to Enchanted Rock. Rowan had a lot of fun. He climbed that rock like he was a mountain goat. He was all over the place. It was fun to watch him. Isabel she had fun but the klutz that she is fell down 4 times and landed on her hands. Poor thing. But she still had fun climbing and sliding down the rocks. Afterwards we went into the town of Fredericksburg and walked around. We stopped at a few shops and of course by this time the kids have had enough and were ready to go. But we all had a blast and it was nice to spend sometime as a family. So here are a few pictures of the trip.









This picture brings back memories of being in Germany at Christmas time. Chris and I both miss Germany. We both like to go back sometime in the near future, especially before the kids start going to high school.

0 comments: