MAY 13, 2011 - RUGGLES FAMILY UPDATE

Well it has been over 8 months since I last updated this blog.  I guess you could say I have been busy.  The last time I posted the kids had just celebrated their birthdays together and Chris was about to leave us again for MP school.  My sister, AnaLisa had her baby in October and little Imogen is a cutie.  I am glad that I got to spend sometime with her before I left.  Chris came home for Christmas and we were able to spend our last Christmas in San Antonio with all of the family including my brother Jeremy and Jeanette. I'm glad I was able to spend time with them since I hadn't seen them in awhile.  Unfortunately, I will miss her having her baby.  Between trying to get ready for the upcoming move and dealing with the kids I put this blog on the back burner for awhile but now that we are not around I will be keeping this up so that our family and friends know what we are doing. 

So Chris has since graduated from MP school back in February and in March we left San Antonio, Texas to move to the to the beautiful island of Oahu.  Yes, that's right we are in Hawaii now.  On our way to Hawaii we drove from San Antonio to San Diego to one see my dearest friend Nita and her family and to drop the car off at the port.  While we were there we took the kids to Sea World, the San Diego Zoo and the San Diego Safari park.  We had a blast spending time with Nita, Kevin, Justin and Aamon and I am glad that we were able to spend time together.   From there we had a 6 hour flight to Hawaii.  The kids, believe it or not, did really well on the flight.  We lived in the hotel for almost 45 days which I hope I never have to do again.  But we finally got our house and we are getting settled in.  We are pretty much unpacked and now just trying to make it feel like home.   Luckily for us we actually got new housing and the house is very very nice.  (Pictures of the house to come soon).  The kids have adjusted to going to a new school and have already made friends.  Especially Isabel since she went from being in Preschool to Kindergarten.  She has already had several field trips and their last one will be to the Polynesian Cultural Center which I get to be chaperone for. (So excited for that!!!)  I have to say that I have been surprising impressed by their school here.  I have honestly no complaints and all of the negative stuff I heard prior to coming here was wrong.  Maybe it just depends on which school you go to but the school on post has been great.  We have been to the beach several times and have pretty much driven the whole island.  We love Ko' Olina lagoon a great place for the kids to swim especially since they both don't like the waves.  Also another favorite area is Shark's cove and turtle beach in the North Shore area. Chris and I are enjoying the food here especially shaved ice.  It is not like a snow cone but all I can say is that you must try it if ever come here. The people here are awesome and I am truly enjoying the culture here.  I look forward to keep you all updated on our adventures here and sharing our pictures of this beautiful place.  ALOHA!!!!  Here are a few pics I will be adding more soon.

On our road trip to San Diego somewhere in New Mexico

The Thing Museum somewhere in Arizona.



Sea World in San Diego


San Diego Temple! This is my far my favorite temple.  It is the most beautiful temple ever!!!

San Diego Zoo

San Diego Safari Park

Getting ready to leave to Hawaii!!!


Day 2 on the Island - North Shore

BYU campus

Shark's Cove North Shore

Shark's Cove


Ko' Olina Lagoon



Macadamia Nut Plantation

Turtle Bay - it was awesome to see sea turtles in their natural habitat. 











Near Bellows AFB


More pics to come, all of these are off of my phone.  I still need to download pics off the camera.

0 comments: